Job Title: Electrical Application Designer
Reporting to: Production Engineering Manager
Status: Permanent, Full-time (40 hours)
Location: Montreal Head Office
Reporting to the Production Engineering Manager, the incumbent’s main responsibility is to prepare and execute controls systems on customers’ orders.
Key responsibilities include:
- Designing electrical plans and programming various control components (PLC, HMI and servo-controller) on assigned mandates by the project manager, while respecting cost objectives and deadlines;
- Conducting start-up and troubleshooting on mandates and documenting trials results;
- Preparing documentation associated to assigned mandate: functional requirements, programming concepts and logic, as well as validation related documentation.
- Evaluating whether or not our products respect our customers’ technical requirements (URS), establish the functionalities required to be in accordance while minimizing risks. Prepare answers to customers.
- Assisting the R&D team by recommending improvements or developing functionalities that could potentially be integrated to our standard products.
- Participating in some standard product development.
- Preparing feasibility evaluations on electrical projects by clarifying deliverables, confirming hypothesis, and making appropriate recommendation to application specialists, project managers or service department.
- Preparing costs evaluations on controls systems that are in line with feasibility evaluations.
- Assisting the sales department in preparing quotes on all aspects related to control systems.
- Assisting project manager in preparing and executing customers’ order for control system related aspects.
- Assisting service technicians upon customer start-up or on more complex troubleshooting issues.
- Assisting service technicians in finding solutions for customers by optimizing response time and associated costs.
- May be required to intervene directly at a customer site.
- Electrical engineer (OIQ member);
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in design of automated equipment;
- Bilingual, French and English, both written and spoken;
- Programming of progammable automaton:
- Programming language: Ladder, Grafcet, Structured Text and Fonction Block (IEC 61131);
- Programming software: RSLogix 5000, Studio 5000 and RSLogix 500;
- Control platforms: MicroLogix, Micro800, CompactLogix and ControlLogix.
- Knowledge of servomotor controllers and their programming:
- Kinetix 300, 350 and 2000, Ultra 3000, Ultra 5000d’Allen-Bradley.
- Programming of operator interface:
- Programming software: FactoryTalk View Studio and Connected Component Workbench;
- Visualisation platforms: PanelView Plus and PanelView 800 d’Allen-Bradley.
- Knowledge of machine safety and related standards (EN 954, ISO 13849…);
- Familiar with validation processes in the pharmaceutical industry;
- Familiar with vision system and bar-code readers;
- Knowledge of electrical standards (CSA, NFPA, UL, CE);
- Drawing program SEE Electrical or AutoCAD;
- Team spirit and be able to work under pressure;
- Be available for occasional travel.
As a ProMach employee, you receive more than just a paycheck. Total compensation includes your pay (hourly rate), very comprehensive medical/dental programs as well as life insurance, a pension plan and a generous paid time off program.
Due to the high volume of incoming resumes, only candidates chosen for interview will be contacted. ProMach is committed to providing an accessible workspace. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment process please notify the Company.
HOW TO APPLY:
You can send your application at firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax, attention to Human Resources at 514-335-0801.
You can also apply via our website www.njmpackaging.com