Location: Montreal, QC
Reports To: Service Manager
We are currently seeking a full time Customer Service Technician based in Montreal, QC, but willing and able to travel throughout North American and Internationally. This team member will be providing high level mechanical & electrical service to our customers in the field. You will be responsible for traveling to customer’s plants trouble shooting needed equipment repairs, repairing equipment, training users in the field, as well as working on demos for new equipment.
- Ensure the installation service, as well as start-up of equipment and machinery in accordance with established priorities;
- Following receipt of recommendations and instructions from the Service Department, change certain configuration settings in systems such as vision, encoder, PLC, HMI etc.;
- Solve operating problems, carry out repairs and make adjustments by phone or at the customer’s site;
- Train operators and users at the customer’s site when equipment is installed;
- Respond to the different requests for service transmitted by the coordinator;
- Prepare service reports, signed by the customers, on a daily basis to ensure proper follow-up;
- Assess customer needs and opportunities in order to optimize their equipment and processes and propose solutions such as preventative maintenance programs, and then communicate information regarding identified improvements to his superior;
- Follow up with the customer after a visit to ensure their satisfaction;
- Make courtesy calls and visits on a regular basis to follow up with existing customers;
- Consult the database containing all actions carried out on equipment and update information from the customer (Sales Force), prior to making, and in order to optimize service calls or visits;
- Review documentation and identify corrective actions (Ex: When equipment is installed for the first time, operation manuals should be reviewed);
- Constantly keep abreast of changes and be on the lookout for updates and new equipment developments.
- Share and exchange solutions with other service technicians;
- Diploma of College Studies in Industrial Electronics Technology with concentration in Instrumentation and Control, or any other relevant training;
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in equipment and automation, ideally in the packaging sector;
- Expertise in mechanics or electro-mechanics;
- General knowledge of PLC, human-machine interface (HMI) and Allen Bradley software (RS Logix 500/5000);
- Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings and wiring diagrams;
- Bilingual in English and French, both spoken and written
- Basic knowledge of Office Suite
- Excellent customer service orientation and positive attitude;
- Autonomy and resourcefulness;
- The regular work week is forty (40) hours. However, the number of hours may be exceeded and spread out from Sunday to Saturday, depending on customer demand and emergencies.
- Frequent travel into Canada and in USA, by car or airplane, is required;
- A valid passport is required at all times.
- A personal vehicle and a valid driver’s license is required at all times.
- The work requires manual labor and physical exertion.
How to Apply
Please send your CV to email@example.com or send by fax, attention Human Resources, t0 514-335-0801. Stay connected to NJM via our HR LinkedIn page at http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=102841993&trk=spm_pic.